holiness - 1st week advent thursday 2018

What is holiness?  What does holiness consist of?  In our gospel today holiness is not defined as going to church per se, holiness is not praying, holiness is not putting on the robes of a religious, holiness is not putting on medals or walking barefoot in processions.  Rather holiness for Jesus is doing the will of the Father.  "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,'will enter the Kingdom of heaven,but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

And this particular kind of holiness can be found, can be done and can be made to grow anywhere, whether we are in the market place, in our offices, as we ride buses, or as we travel along the road.  It is seen in the privacy of one’s home or amidst the crowd. Why because holiness is doing the will of the Father.  
And so it is always important to ask - what does God want me to do at this particular situation, what does God want from me at this particular time, how does he want me to spend my treasures, my time, my talent.  We must always learn to consult God in our decisions, learn to listen to him and act on his words. 

Comments