psalm 15: integrity - 12th week tuesday

Psalm 15 is a psalm in answer to the questions who may admitted to God's house, who may be accepted as members of God's family?
The answer is integrity.  What is integrity?  Integrity comes from the Latin word integer which means whole or one.  It means that one is undivided and consistent in all that one does.  It means holding fast to what is right whether it is convenient or inconvenient, whether advantageous or disadvantageous, whether someone is looking or not, whether the act is recognized or goes unrecognized.
It means, therefore, that I will remain honest whether it is advantageous or disadvantageous for me.  It means that my conduct among friends will be the same even when I am among subordinates or attendants.  It means that I will work with the same dedication and care whether I am in the presence of my boss or in his or her absence.  Integrity means I allow my faith in God to influence my actions regardless of where I am – whether in church, or at home, in my business transactions, in my family, in government, in my associates or in the classroom.
Integrity means I am undivided – I am not different here and also different there.  No, I am whole, I am consistent, I am the same.
He who walks blamelessly and does justice, Psalm 15 says, "he who thinks the truth in his heart; Who harms not his fellow man, nor takes up a reproach against his neighbor; By whom the reprobate is despised, while he honors those who fear the LORD."
Where does integrity come from?  Integrity comes from identity.  Who am I?  Who are you?  If that is not clear then everything is compromised.  You are God's child whether you are in church or at home or in your office.  You are God's child whether in the presence of friends or in the presence of your subordinates or people you do not know. We are God's children whether in the light or in darkness.  We are not dogs or swine.  We are men and women conscious of their great worth and dignity as God's children.
So be conscious always of who you are so that we can become integral, undivided, consistent, principled in everything that we do.

Comments