help my unbelief - 7th week mon 2019

“I do believe, help my unbelief!”

Many times in our relationship with God, we find ourselves in the same situation as the father in our gospel today.  I do believe – I go to mass almost everyday, I pray often, I am doing my best to become a loving person just as Christ has commanded me.  But there are times when we find our faith lacking, kulang pa gid ang akon pagtuo.  There are times when I doubt if God really loves me and cares for me.  There are times when we ask, does God really exist, does God really have a concern with what is happening in my life?  Again like the father in the gospel we say, Lord, I do believe, help my unbelief.  Nagatuo ako, pero kulang pa. Dugangi ang akon pagtuo.  
How do we grow in faith?  First we need to pray for the gift of faith.  Faith is a theological virtue – a virtue which comes from God, a virtue which God gives as a gift to us.  We have to pray for faith, we have to long to grow in our faith.  
Second, we can make our faith grow when we nurture our faith through study.  First, and foremost by having an interest in God’s word, by reading the bible, by listening to God’s word in the mass, by taking interest in the meaning of what Jesus and what the God is saying.  We need to learn more about our faith in our catechism.  And so to make our faith grow we need to study our faith.
And so we pray today, Lord increase our faith, help my unbelief.

Comments