jesus will catch us when we fall - 18th week tuesday



Peter was invited by the Lord to walk on the water with him.  Peter did.  But in the middle he doubted and when he doubted he sank.  Many times we doubt.  I remember I doubted twice whether I was meant for the priesthood or not.  The first doubt was after college.  As I was about to leave some seminarian friends who were there already in theology invited me to go to pastoral with them.  I really enjoyed the pastoral and the seminarians were very supportive.  So siling ko, bisan budlay gali magproceed sa theology damo man ako friend nga magabulig sa akon.  So I proceeded to theology.

The second doubt was after graduation in theology.  I should have been ordained 1992 but again I doubted.  I told myself, indi ko ni masarangan.  So nagguwa ako samtang ang akon classmates gina-ordenahan.  So I spent a year brooding, going from one place to the other.  Then I was asked by a priest friend to help him.  And again I said ok.  Then I saw again that it not that hard.  Friends will come to help.  People will be there to assist.  I will not be alone.  And so again after a year I decided to become a priest. 
The highlight of the gospel I believe is not that Peter doubted but that Peter and the rest of us is assured that Jesus will always be there to catch us when we fall.  Jesus will always be there to hold our hands when we are about to sink and drown.  Jesus will always be there.

Comments