doing things for God and it will make things easier - 4th week tuesday 2018

There is something curious about this healing of the daughter of Jairus.  People were laughing at Jesus for they would not believe him when he said that the girl was only asleep.  Then Jesus did something unusual.  He brought with him the parents and the three disciples, Peter, James and John and entered the room of the girl.  All others were sent out.  But you will argue, tani gindala niya tanan ilabi na gid ang mga nagkadlaw sa iya para makita nila kon ano ang iya mahimo.  But Jesus kept things only to himself and his trusted disciples.  He does not want to be a show-off, he does not want to make a spectacle of what he can do.  He is the messiah, he is not a performer, he is not an artista.

This is the problem kon artistahon kita.  We make a show, we want to be applauded, we want to be recognized as the best, we want to be acknowledged as nami, pinakamaayo, guapo-guapo, very good.  And in the absence of this we feel slighted, we feel bad, we feel we were cheated and deprived of what is truly ours.
Jesus is telling us, when he made private something that would have vindicated him, Jesus is teaching us not to be dependent on others for approval.
Amo ni pirme ang ginasiling ko sa college.  Indi ka mangita sang external approval. Ask yourself instead: Am I happy with what I have done?  Am I satisfied and contented with what I have done?  Do I feel that I have given my all, I have given my best and in so doing I am satisfied with what I have delivered?  Am I happy with what I have done?  Kon amo sini ang imo panan-aw, bisan indi ka pa magdaog, bisan last ka pa, bisan dayaan ka pa, bisan bolahon ka pa, bisan intu-on ka pa – it does not matter because your affirmations are not external but internal.  You are not dependent on external approval.  Happy ka sa imo kaugalingon, happy ka sa imo inubrahan.
If you are dependent on others for approval, ayawan ka gid lagas.  Ngaa abi mo nanami-an gid ang tanan sa imo haw?  Ngaa abi mo patas ang tanan sa kalibutan haw?  Life is not always fair, people are not always fair, circumstances are not always fair, judgments may not always be objective.
Siempre happy ka man kon may ma-affirm sa imo.  Pero kon affirmations and approval lang ang lagson ko I don’t think that will make me a better priest or a better friend or even a better person.  Kay man kabudlay maglagas kon ano ang luyag sang tanan.  So let us make it our aim, whatever we do, we will do first to please God and then to satisfy myself.  How others will react and judge our work is up to them but we will not allow them to take away or determine our own happiness.

Always do things for God and things will become easier for you.  You will even enjoy doing them, bisan ano pa nga serbisyo, bisan manglimpiyo ka lang banyo, ukon mangolekta sa misa ukon manilhig sa chapel – whatever you do, always do things for God and always do things that will truly make you happy about yourself.

Comments