Jesus raised his eyes to heaven

Two points. The first point.
Jesus raised his eyes to heaven and prayed. What is the best posture for prayer?
Three preachers were discussing as to what was the best posture for prayer. One said, the best posture is kneeling down. The other replied, the best posture is the yoga position, sitting down on the floor cross-legged. But the other insisted, it should be like Jesus in the gospel with our eyes turned to Heaven. While they were discussing this, a painter overheard them and said, for all its worth the best prayer I ever prayed was in none of those postures. My best prayer happened when I was hanging upside down from a ladder with one leg after I fell down from the telephone pole – that was my best prayer position.


A similar question was asked to me, when we pray the our father - what should be our posture? Should we hold hands, should we raise hands, or should we just stand there stiff?
I never answer this type of questions because the liturgical books do not provide us with authoritative answers. So I answered her question with my own question, when you were holding hands with each other can you say that you have prayed well? Did you pray well? The answer was yes. So I said it must be good. I am not saying that we can do what we want and what we feel like doing in the liturgy. But it is my hope that more than position we put more emphasis on the disposition of our hearts. Prayer as a saint once said, is not saying much, but loving much. May our prayers be full of love instead of just being full of words.
The second point.
Jesus raised his eyes to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Give glory to your son, so that your son may glorify you. What is glory? What is the glory of the Son? What is the glory which the Son renders to the Father? When we read the gospel of John, glory and glorification refer to the cross for it is in the cross where Christ reveals the depth of his love for the Father and for us. In times of great crisis those who receive and give the greatest honor are not those who survive but those who give the supreme sacrifice of their own lives for others. Love is always proven by how much you are willing to sacrifice, love will always sacrificial.
A young man, so in love sent his girlfriend a note, saying, Pangga: Pito ka bukid ang akon ginlakbay, leon kag tigre ang akon kaaway, ulan kag init ang akon ginsulay, para lang makita ikaw, O Inday. P.S. Ga, indi ko da kakadto subong kay grabe ang traffic diri.
So whatever happened to the leon and tigre? I do not want to know.

Comments