never stop doing good - 3rd week lent tuesday 2019

The number seventy times seven in Hebrew means always, whenever, at all times. Thus forgiveness in the mind of Christ should be always, whenever and at all times.  But the most important thought of the gospel is the reason why we should forgiven at all times.  Why? Because God forgives me at all times. This is the Christian way. Why should I forgive?  Because God forgives me.  Why should I forgive at all times.  Because God forgives me always.  Why should I be generous?  Because God is generous to me. Why should I have compassion on people who are in need? Because in my need God has compassion with me.  We never stop doing good to each other because God never stops doing good to us.

The enemy of this particular attitude is what we call in our language ang pagka-isip.  We are good only to those who are good to us. Ngaa ginpa-utang nya ko haw?  Sang may kinahanglan ko wala man sia nagbulig? Sang birthday ko wala man sia nag-greet. See.
What urges us to do good is not the goodness of the other person, but the goodness of God to us.

Comments